Project Type: DBFM - Design Build Finance Maintain
Infrastructure Type: Health Care
Price of Contract: $474.1 million
Estimated Value for Money: $83 million
About the Project:
- The new hospital will be a state-of-the-art forensic mental health care facility.
- The expanded facility will replace the existing 160-bed Oak Ridge facility and the 20-bed Brebeuf building.
- Once complete, the new facility will offer a larger, more modern space for treatment and care of people with mental health disorders who have been involved with the criminal justice system.
January 31, 2011
Integrated Team Solutions (ITS): EllisDon Corporation and Fengate Capital Management Ltd., with EllisDon also providing construction services. The facility was designed by Cannon Design and Honeywell Limited will provide facilities management. National Bank Financial Inc. acted as the financial advisor to ITS
December 08, 2009
August 17, 2009
Community and Green Benefits
- Environmentally friendly design features in order to achieve LEED Gold certification as part of the government’s commitment to reduce energy use and greenhouse gas emissions
- At the height of construction, as many as 300 workers are expected to be on site daily.
- Labour and materials for the project will be drawn largely from the Midland-Barrie-Simcoe areas and the surrounding communities.
These project documents are being made available on this Web site for informational purposes only. Neither Infrastructure Ontario nor Waypoint Centre for Mental Health Care makes any representation or warranty regarding the accuracy or completeness of the content or form of these documents.
Infrastructure Ontario and Waypoint Centre for Mental Health Care, in their sole and absolute discretion, may choose to make available on this Web site amendments, revisions, modifications or replacements to these documents. These documents remains open for further revision, modification, replacement or cancellation by Infrastructure Ontario and Waypoint Centre for Mental Health Care at any time and in no event shall either Infrastructure Ontario or Waypoint Centre for Mental Health Care be responsible or liable, directly or indirectly, for any damage or loss caused or alleged to be caused by or in connection with the use of or reliance on the content of these documents.