Project Type: DBF - Design Build Finance
Infrastructure Type: Special Projects
Price of Contract: $158.8 million
Estimated Value for Money : $28.3 million
About the Project:
- The Pan American Aquatics Centre (PAAC), Field House and Canadian Sport Institute Ontario (CSIO) is a high-performance aquatics and athletics facility that will be constructed on the University of Toronto Scarborough Campus for the Toronto 2015 Pan/Parapan American Games.
- Students, high performance athletes, sporting groups and community residents of all ages will have the best possible facilities available to them, from gymnasia and multipurpose program areas to fitness and training facilities.
- Two 50 m ten-lane swimming pools
- A 25 m x 21 m x 5 m deep diving tank with 5 m, 7.5 m and 10 m platforms
- Dedicated training area for divers with fixed trampoline
- Seating capacity of approximately 6,000 (2,300 permanent fixed seats; 900 permanent retractable seats; 2,800 temporary seats - all numbers approximate)
- Flexible gymnasia space
- Seating capacity of approximately 2,000 (1,400 permanent retractable seats; 600 temporary seats - all numbers approximate)
- Indoor recreational track
- Fitness area including cardio and weightlifting facilities
- Consultation and teaching areas
- Change rooms, storage, and administrative space
Canadian Sport Institute Ontario
- Sport performance lab
- Dedicated areas to enable focused work in strength and conditioning, recovery and regeneration, and sport research
Community and Green Benefits
- Following the Games, the facility will function as a centre for high performance and university sports, and provide much-needed community recreation space for its Scarborough neighbourhood
- Design and construction of the Aquatics Centre will adhere to the guidelines and sustainability principles of the Leadership in Energy and Environmental Design (LEED) rating system — with the goal of achieving LEED Silver standard for the facility — and will also comply with the City of Toronto’s Toronto Green Standard (TGS).
These project documents are being made available on this Web site for informational purposes only. Neither Infrastructure Ontario nor the Ministry of Health Promotion and Sport makes any representation or warranty regarding the accuracy or completeness of the content or form of these documents.
Infrastructure Ontario and the Ministry of Health Promotion and Sport, in their sole and absolute discretion, may choose to make available on this Web site amendments, revisions, modifications or replacements to these documents. These documents remain open for further revision, modification, replacement or cancellation by Infrastructure Ontario and the Ministry of Health Promotion and Sport at any time and in no event shall either Infrastructure Ontario or the Ministry of Health Promotion and Sport be responsible or liable, directly or indirectly, for any damage or loss caused or alleged to be caused by or in connection with the use of or reliance on the content of these documents.