Project Type: DBFM - Design Build Finance Maintain
Infrastructure Type: Justice
Price of Contract: $247.2 million
Estimated Value for Money : $12.8 million
About the Project:
- The new courthouse will consolidate the Superior Court of Justice and Ontario Court of Justice, which are currently operating in four court locations: three in Belleville and one in Trenton.
June 22, 2011
Brookfield Infrastructure Partnerships Quinte (BIPQ): Brookfield Financial Corp. and Morguard Corporation, with PCL Constructors Canada providing construction services. The facility was designed by WZMH Architects, with Morguard also providing facilities management. Brookfield Financial Corp. also acted as the financial advisor to Brookfield Partnerships Quinte.
April 13, 2010
August 31, 2009
Community and Green Benefits
- Improve access to court services
- Increase the number of available courtrooms
- Provide better security
- Better access for people with disabilities
- Environmentally-friendly design features in order to achieve LEED Silver certification as part of the government’s commitment to reduce energy use and greenhouse gas emissions
- At the peak of construction activity, it is estimated that 200 workers will be on the site daily
These project documents are being made available on this Web site for informational purposes only. Neither Infrastructure Ontario nor the Ministry of the Attorney General makes any representation or warranty regarding the accuracy or completeness of the content or form of these documents.
Infrastructure Ontario and the Ministry of the Attorney General, in their sole and absolute discretion, may choose to make available on this Web site amendments, revisions, modifications or replacements to these documents. These documents remains open for further revision, modification, replacement or cancellation by Infrastructure Ontario and the Ministry of the Attorney General at any time and in no event shall either Infrastructure Ontario or the Ministry of the Attorney General be responsible or liable, directly or indirectly, for any damage or loss caused or alleged to be caused by or in connection with the use of or reliance on the content of these documents.