Project Type: DBFM - Design Build Finance Maintain
Infrastructure Type: Health Care
Price of Contract: $581 million
Estimated Value for Money : $133.3 million
About the Project:
- The new facility will provide more inpatient beds and more services.
- It will have expanded outpatient clinics for psychiatry, diagnostic imaging and medical services, along with research and academic spaces.
- The McMaster University Department of Psychiatry will be located at the new centre.
- The new facility will be designed to support patient and family-centred care.
Community and Green Benefits
- Expanded and enhanced services for patients with long-term needs and outpatient/community based programs
- Services will include assessment, treatment and rehabilitation
- Increase in private and semi-private rooms, which are designed to maximize patients’ access to the outdoors
- Labour will be drawn largely from Hamilton and the surrounding communities.
- At the peak of construction, it is expected that more than 650 workers will be on site daily.
These project documents are being made available on this Web site for informational purposes only. Neither Infrastructure Ontario nor St. Joseph’s Health Care makes any representation or warranty regarding the accuracy or completeness of the content or form of these documents.
Infrastructure Ontario and St. Joseph’s Health Care, in their sole and absolute discretion, may choose to make available on this Web site amendments, revisions, modifications or replacements to these documents. These documents remains open for further revision, modification, replacement or cancellation by Infrastructure Ontario and St. Joseph’s Health Care at any time and in no event shall either Infrastructure Ontario or St. Joseph’s Health Care be responsible or liable, directly or indirectly, for any damage or loss caused or alleged to be caused by or in connection with the use of or reliance on the content of these documents.