Location: 16 communities across Ontario
Project Type: DBFM - Design Build Finance Maintain
Infrastructure Type: Justice
Price of Contract: $292.7 million
Estimated Value for Money: $51.3 million
About the Project:
- The project involves the construction of 18 new Ontario Provincial Police detachments, regional headquarters and forensic identification services in 16 communities across Ontario.
- The new facilities, which in many cases are replacing buildings that have exceeded their useful life, will feature up-to-date amenities to better support the demands of modern police operations and meet the needs of the community.
September 15, 2010
Shield Infrastructure Partnership; Developer: HOCHTIEF PPP Solutions North America; Design: NORR, Shore Tilbe Perkins + Will, MCW Consultants, Banerjee & Associates, MMM Group; Construction: Bird Design Build; Facility Management: Honeywell; Financial Advisor: HOCHTIEF PPP Solutions, Concert Real Estate
July 27, 2009
February 26, 2009
New facilities will be constructed in:
- Armstrong - Detachment
- Burk’s Falls - Detachment
- Chatham - Forensic Identification Services
- Dryden - Detachment
- Iroquois Falls - Detachment
- Kapuskasing - Detachment
- Kenora - Forensic Identification Services
- Long Sault - Forensic Identification Services
- Mount Forest - Forensic Identification Services
- Nipigon - Detachment
- North Bay - Regional Headquarters and Forensic Identification Services
- Orillia- Regional Headquarters
- Peterborough - Forensic Identification Services
- Smiths Falls - Regional Headquarters and Forensic Identification Services
- South Porcupine - Forensic Identification Services
- Walkerton – South Bruce (Brockton) - Detachment
Community and Green Benefits
- New OPP facilities will provide Ontario with more efficient and effective policing infrastructure that will enhance community safety and support Ontario’s justice system.
- The new OPP buildings are designed and built to meet the Leadership in Energy and Environmental Design (LEED) Silver standards, incorporating environmentally sustainable construction practices and energy efficient design.
- The project is helping to provide economic stimulus by creating and supporting jobs across Ontario; construction labour for the project is being drawn from across the province.
These project documents are being made available on this Web site for informational purposes only. Neither Infrastructure Ontario nor the Ministry of Community Safety and Correctional Services makes any representation or warranty regarding the accuracy or completeness of the content or form of these documents.
Infrastructure Ontario and the Ministry of Community Safety and Correctional Services, in their sole and absolute discretion, may choose to make available on this Web site amendments, revisions, modifications or replacements to these documents. These documents remain open for further revision, modification, replacement or cancellation by Infrastructure Ontario and the Ministry of Community Safety and Correctional Services at any time and in no event shall either Infrastructure Ontario or the Ministry of Community Safety and Correctional Services be responsible or liable, directly or indirectly, for any damage or loss caused or alleged to be caused by or in connection with the use of or reliance on the content of these documents.