TORONTO Infrastructure Ontario (IO) and Metrolinx have released a Request for Qualifications (RFQ) for the Advance Tunnel Contract package for the Yonge North Subway Extension.
The Yonge North Subway Extension (YNSE) will extend the TTC’s Line 1 subway service approximately eight kilometres from the existing terminus at Finch Station into the City of Richmond Hill. This project runs through the City of Toronto and York Region, including sections within the City of Markham, the City of Richmond Hill and the City of Vaughan. It will include an approximately 6.3-km tunnelled segment as well as an above-ground segment that will run along the existing rail corridor in the northern section of the route.
The RFQ outlines the scope of work to design, build and finance the tunnels. This includes the following:
- Approximately 6.3 km of tunnelling works.
- Design and construction of launch and extraction shafts, tunnels, as well as headwalls for stations and support of excavation for emergency exit buildings.
- Design, procurement, and supply of tunnel boring machines and tunnel liner segments.
- Reinforcing and improving soil and works necessary to facilitate tunnelling under and next to the CN Railway tracks and the York Durham Sewage System.
- Construction of CN right-of-way separation barriers to expedite safe corridor access and construction.
The RFQ is the first step in the procurement process to select teams to deliver the YNSE advance tunnel contract for the project. Companies interested in bidding on this contract must register with www.merx.com to download the respective RFQ.
The Yonge North Subway Extension is one of the priority transit projects announced by the Province for the Greater Toronto and Hamilton Area, including the Ontario Line, the Scarborough Subway Extension, the Eglinton Crosstown West Extension and the Hamilton LRT.
For more information, visit Infrastructure Ontario and Metrolinx.
Disponible en français