MISSISSAUGA - Infrastructure Ontario (IO) and Metrolinx have awarded a fixed-price contract to EllisDon Infrastructure CGS RER Inc. (EllisDon) to design, build and finance the Cooksville GO Station Redevelopment project, in support of the province's GO Regional Express Rail (RER) program.
The contract is valued at $128.4 million, which reflects the substantial completion payment.
Members of the EllisDon team include:
- Lead: EllisDon Infrastructure CGS RER Inc.
- Construction: EllisDon Design-Build Inc.
- Design: WalterFedy, Brodie & Associates, WSP/MMM
- Financial Advisor: EllisDon Capital Inc.
The selection of EllisDon is the result of an open, fair and competitive procurement process overseen by a third party fairness advisor.
Construction will begin immediately, with an expected substantial completion date for summer 2020. At the peak of construction, EllisDon anticipates approximately 150 workers on-site, the majority which will come from the Greater Toronto Area.
Visit here to learn more about the Cooksville GO Station Redevelopment project.
- The project is being delivered using IO's Alternative Financing and Procurement model, which transfers the appropriate risks associated with design, construction and financing of the project to the private sector.
- Work on the Milton corridor is part of a larger, system-wide plan to improve overall GO Transit service, including the delivery of Regional Express Rail (RER). RER will provide faster and more frequent service across the GO rail network, with electrified service on core segments, including the UP Express. It is one of the largest transit infrastructure investments in Canada.
- Ontario is making the largest infrastructure investment in hospitals, schools, public transit, roads and bridges in the province's history. To learn more about what's happening in your community, visit Ontario.ca/BuildON.
“Cooksville GO Station is another example of the work our government is doing to make people's commutes faster, more convenient and better integrated with transit systems across the region. Increasing commuter's transportation choices in Peel, Mississauga and across the GTHA helps us manage congestion and reduce emissions on our roads while we improve our economy by connecting people to jobs and opportunities.”
Steven Del Duca, Minister of Transportation
“Improving commute times and easing congestion are critical for families and businesses, and a priority for our government. I look forward to the completion of the Cooksville GO Station project, which directly supports local jobs and a strong economy.”
Bob Chiarelli, Minister of Infrastructure
“With this announcement, Metrolinx has identified a contractor for the Cooksville GO Station redevelopment project, which includes a new station building, multi-level parking structure, station upgrades, and a connection to the future Hurontario LRT. Metrolinx is pleased to be moving forward with yet another project that will bring faster, more frequent service to the City of Mississauga, Peel Region, and the Greater Toronto and Hamilton Area.”
Phil Verster, President and CEO, Metrolinx
“IO is proud to partner with Metrolinx and EllisDon on the Cooksville Station Redevelopment project, which when completed, will further enhance rail service in the Greater Toronto and Hamilton Area.”
Ehren Cory, President and CEO, Infrastructure Ontario
Metrolinx and RER
Anne Marie Aikins
Disponible en français