A Division of Toronto East Health Network - Phase 1 New Patient Care Tower Project
TORONTO - Infrastructure Ontario (IO) and Michael Garron Hospital (MGH) have announced that EllisDon Infrastructure Healthcare is the preferred proponent to design, build and finance a major redevelopment project which includes a new patient care tower at Michael Garron Hospital.
IO and MGH selected EllisDon Infrastructure Healthcare after extensive evaluations following a fair, open and transparent request for proposals (RFP) process that began in February 2017. Three teams-EllisDon Infrastructure Healthcare, PCL Partnership and Walsh Toronto East Health Partners-submitted bids. The preferred proponent team includes:
- Design Build: EllisDon Design Build Inc.
- Design Team: B+H Architects and Diamond Schmitt Architects
- Financial Advisor: EllisDon Capital Inc.
IO and MGH will now work to finalize contract details with EllisDon Infrastructure Healthcare. The project is expected to reach financial close in early 2018, which will mean that relevant contracts have been signed, the contract and local share amounts can be announced and a financing rate has been set.
Visit here for project details.
Improving access to better healthcare is part of Ontario's plan to create fairness and opportunity during this period of rapid economic change. The plan includes a higher minimum wage and better working conditions, free tuition for hundreds of thousands of students, easier access to affordable child care, and free prescription drugs for everyone under 25 through the biggest expansion of medicare in a generation.
- IO and the Ministry of Health and Long-Term Care are working closely with Michael Garron Hospital to redevelop the hospital, which will remain publicly owned, controlled and accountable.
- The project is expected to achieve a Leadership in Energy and Environmental Design (LEED®) Silver certification for design excellence and sustainability.
- The project is being delivered under IO's Alternative Financing and Procurement model, which transfers risks associated with design, construction and financing of the project to the private sector.
- Ontario is making the largest infrastructure investment in hospitals, schools, public transit, roads and bridges in the province's history. To learn more about what's happening in your community, go to Ontario.ca/BuildON.
“Investing in the Michael Garron Hospital project is another example of our government's commitment to ensure the people of Ontario have better access to high-quality health care services closer to home.”
Dr. Eric Hoskins, Minister of Health and Long-Term Care
“We are very excited to have reached this important milestone for a project that will serve the healthcare needs of Ontarians for years to come, while creating jobs and building up the economy.”
Bob Chiarelli, Minister of Infrastructure
“Today marks a tremendous milestone for our community! Our main hospital campus, which has been serving east Toronto since 1929, is aging and due for a major renewal. Our redevelopment will make a significant difference to patients, neighbours, staff, physicians and volunteers. The design embraces our rich history, incorporates best practices and paves the way for our continued success delivering outstanding care. We look forward to working with EllisDon Infrastructure Healthcare to reach a final contract and begin construction on this monumental project. Together we will build more than just a hospital. Our campus will be transformed into a community hub that not only creates health but is able to support individuals to live to their full potential throughout the continuum of care.”
Sarah Downey, President and Chief Executive Officer, Michael Garron Hospital
“Infrastructure Ontario is proud to support Michael Garron Hospital to deliver this modern and state-of-the-art facility. While IO's primary role is to build and maintain public infrastructure and real estate, all of our work is aimed at strengthening communities.”
Ehren Cory, President and CEO, Infrastructure Ontario
Michael Garron Hospital, a division of Toronto East Health Network
Building Ontario: Our Infrastructure Plan
Michael Garron Hospital
416-469-6580 x 3593
Disponible en français