TORONTO – Infrastructure Ontario (IO) and Metrolinx have issued a Request for Proposals (RFPs) for the Stations, Rail and Systems (SRS) package for the Scarborough Subway Extension project. Teams have been shortlisted and invited to bid on the package, which is being delivered using a Progressive Design-Build delivery model.
Shortlisted teams were selected based on criteria identified in the Request for Qualifications (RFQ) process that began in September 2021. Criteria included Applicant’s design and construction experience, as well as their financial capacity to deliver a project of this size and complexity.
Three teams were shortlisted and invited to respond to the RFP. The teams and their prime team members are:
- Applicant Lead: Dragados Canada, Inc.
- Design Prime Team Member: AECOM Canada, Ltd.
- Construction Prime Team Member: Dragados Canada, Inc.
KSX Integrated Design-Builders
- Applicant Leads: Peter Kiewit Sons ULC, SNC-Lavalin Constructors (Pacific) Inc.
- Design Prime Team Members: Peter Kiewit Sons ULC, SNC-Lavalin Constructors (Pacific) Inc.
- Construction Prime Team Members: Peter Kiewit Sons ULC, SNC-Lavalin Constructors (Pacific) Inc.
Scarborough Transit Connect
- Applicant Leads: Aecon Infrastructure Management Inc., FCC Construccion S.A.
- Design Prime Team Member: Mott MacDonald Canada Limited
- Construction Prime Team Members: Aecon Infrastructure Management Inc., FCC Construccion S.A.
Teams will begin preparing proposals that detail how they will deliver the project. Upon evaluating the proposals received, IO and Metrolinx expect to select a development partner who they intend to work collaboratively with during a development phase before finalizing the Design-Build contract. The development phase is expected to start in fall 2022.
The 7.8-kilometre Scarborough Subway Extension is being delivered in two large contracts: the SRS package and the advance tunnel contract. The tunnel contract was awarded on May 25, 2021 to Strabag.
The Scarborough Subway Extension is one of four priority transit projects announced by the Province in 2019 for the Greater Toronto Area. In May 2021, the Government of Canada announced funding for Ontario’s four transit priority projects in the Greater Toronto Area, including the Ontario Line, a three-stop Scarborough Subway Extension, the Yonge North Subway Extension and the Eglinton Crosstown West Extension. Planning is underway for all four subway projects and procurements for the subway program are being staged to ensure each project is delivered successfully.
For more information, visit Infrastructure Ontario and Metrolinx.
Disponible en français