IO CAD Standard Version 8
Use of Version 8 of the IO CAD Standard will be effective as of September 20th2022.
All new users of the IO CAD Standard are required to download, install and use Version 8.
All current users of IO CAD Standard Version 7 are required to download, install and use the new IO CAD Standard Version 8 no later than October 20th, 2022.
To ensure a smooth transition, a 30-day grace period between Version 7 and 8 will be allowed. Any new projects starting prior to October 20th, 2022 can be submitted using Version 7. However, if starting after October 20th 2022 all project as-built record drawings must be submitted to IO using Version 8.
Note: Version 8 of IO CAD Standard supports AutoCAD 2016-2026.
Introduction to IO CAD Standard
The IO CAD Standard is a designed framework for applying standardization to digital Computer Aided Drafting (CAD) drawing files used by the various disciplines throughout Infrastructure Ontario. The IO CAD Standard Application is an add-in tool designed to be loaded into AutoCAD to assist consultants in delivering CAD drawings in accordance with the IO CAD Standard, tools to translate layers to the IO CAD Standard layers, run IO Drawing Audit report and batch process multiple drawings. Mandatory use of the IO CAD Standard will allow for conformity of digital data from various sources and support efforts to manage and exchange that data between internal staff, external consultants and service providers.
IO CAD Standards and Guidelines and Application
Version 8 includes the following new feature updates for the AutoCAD plug-in:
- Passing audit reports produced by the tool are now considered a conditional pass as a new manual audit will be performed by the IO Auditor after the drawings are submitted, to ensure that all standards have been met. This manual audit will be the determining factor in whether the as-built submission of the project receives a pass or a fail. The manual audit will include items that cannot be verified by the tool. Example, layer usage (ex. Full height wall lines/objects to be on layer A-WALL-FULL).
The audit tool will now verify the following title block information;
- IO Project numbers (7 or 8 characters only)
- Building and site number and building address (verifies and updates as needed)
- The correct use title block version
- File name to be in Title Case, Each Word Is Capitalized not all UPPER CASE, while the drawing title in the title block is to be in UPPER CASE (see 4.5)
- The correct floor number
Tool updates include
- Renamed passing tool audit report to conditional pass
- Generation of a single failing pdf report (previous versions would not)
- Updated user guide documentation
- Updated title blocks to include a ministry PSIF field and a floor number field
- Cancel button added
- Updated Autodesk 2022 to 2026 Compliance
- Removed MS access requirements
- 4 Year license agreement and Tech support
- AutoCAD Lite and Microsoft station are not supported
For CAD Standards related inquiries please contact: IORecordDrawingSubmissions@cbre.com