Since 2008, IO has partnered with Housing Providers across Ontario to help provide access to affordable financing for capital investments.
Ontario Housing Providers may apply for an IO Loan for the purpose of funding capital investments. Eligible organizations include:
- An organization incorporated as a local housing corporation under Part III of the Social Housing Reform Act, 2000
- A non-profit housing provider or co-operative housing provider that provides (or will provide) housing under a federally, provincially or municipally funded housing program in Ontario.
For more information on eligibility requirements, please see the program guidelines. (PDF)
IO loans can be used for any capital investments, including:
- New construction projects
- Facility expansion, renovation, retrofit or acquisition
- Energy efficiency projects (windows, doors, lighting, appliances etc.)
- Water, hydro, HVAC
- Accessibility improvements
Rates and Terms
IO’s lending rates provide equitable access to affordable financing for all clients. Please contact your
Relationship Manager for today’s rate information. Housing Providers may select repayment terms of 5 to 25 years, to match the life of the capital asset.
For More Information
Contact one of our regional account managers today for any questions about the Loan Program.