Since 2003, IO has helped make a difference in communities across Ontario by providing affordable loans to Municipalities for infrastructure renewal and development.
All Ontario municipalities are eligible. For more information on eligibility requirements, please see the program guidelines. (PDF)
IO loans can be used for any capital investments, including:
- Water, wastewater and sewage infrastructure
- Roads and bridges
- Culture, tourism, administration and recreation infrastructure
- Energy efficiency projects (windows, doors, lighting, etc.)
- Water, hydro, HVAC and communications systems
- Ambulances, fire trucks, snow ploughs, garbage trucks and other rolling stock
- Local police and fire stations
- Asset management tools and systems
- Accessibility improvements
- Municipally owned and operated long-term care homes
Rates and Terms
IO’s lending rates provide equitable access to affordable financing for all clients. Please contact your
Relationship Manager for today’s rate information. Municipalities may select repayment terms of 5 to 30 years, to match the life of the capital asset.
For More Information
Contact one of our regional account managers today for any questions about the Loan Program.