Cortellucci Vaughan Hospital (formerly Mackenzie Vaughan Hospital)
- Project Type:
- DBFM - Design Build Finance Maintain
- Infrastructure Type:
- Health Care
- Contract Value:
- $1.3 Billion
- Estimated Value for Money:
- $254.4 million
About the Project
Cortellucci Vaughan Hospital is part of Mackenzie Health, a regional health care provider serving Vaughan, Richmond Hill and beyond that also includes Mackenzie Richmond Hill Hospital and a network of community-based services.
The Cortellucci Vaughan Hospital is the first hospital for the city of Vaughan, and the first new hospital for York Region in 30 years. The Cortellucci Vaughan Hospital is the first “smart” hospital in Canada.
Request for QualificationsMar 07, 2014
Short-list Bidders SelectedSep 30, 2014
Request for ProposalsJun 29, 2015
Winning Bidder SelectedOct 25, 2016
Construction BeginsOct 25, 2016
Construction EndsAug 26, 2020
Plenary Health: Developer: Plenary Group (Canada) Ltd.; Design: Stantec Architecture Ltd.; Design Builder: PCL Constructors Canada Inc.; Facilities management: Johnson Controls Canada LP; Financial Advisor: Plenary Group (Canada) Ltd.
Through modern and proven best practices, the hospital will provide state-of-the-art health care and positive outcomes for patients and their families.
The new Cortellucci Vaughan Hospital includes:
- A state-of-the-art emergency department
- Modern surgical services and operating rooms
- Advanced diagnostic imaging
- Specialized ambulatory clinics and intensive care beds
- Approximately 90 per cent single occupancy acute-care patient rooms for infection prevention and control
- Integrated “smart” digital technology systems that deliver the right information, to the right care location, at the right time, to enhance the patient care experience
- The design and construction of the Learning Resource Commons adheres to Leadership in Energy and Environmental Design (LEED) Silver standards. LEED buildings focus on healthy indoor environments, reduced greenhouse gas emissions and efficient use of energy, water and other resources.
These project documents are being made available on this website for informational purposes only. Neither Infrastructure Ontario nor Mackenzie Health makes any representation or warranty regarding the accuracy or completeness of the content or form of these documents.
Infrastructure Ontario and Mackenzie Health, in their sole and absolute discretion, may choose to make available on this website amendments, revisions, modifications or replacements to these documents. These documents remain open for further revision, modification, replacement or cancellation by Infrastructure Ontario and Mackenzie Health at any time and in no event shall either Infrastructure Ontario or Mackenzie Health be responsible or liable, directly or indirectly, for any damage or loss caused or alleged to be caused by or in connection with the use of or reliance on the content of these documents.