Drivers Examination Services
- 55 DriveTest centres and 39 Travel Points (part-time locations) across the province
- Project Type:
- Infrastructure Type:
- Contract Value:
- $207 million
About the Project
Using a fair and competitive process, Infrastructure Ontario worked with the Ontario Ministry of Transportation to select a service provider for driver examination services. The service provider will operate and maintain a network of drive test centres in the province.
The province's current contract with Serco DES Inc. expired on August 31, 2013 and the new operator began providing services on September 1, 2013.
Plenary Serco DES; includes Plenary Group Canada Ltd., Serco DES Inc. and CGI Inc
The operator of driver examination services is responsible for:
- providing knowledge and driving tests to individuals applying for or renewing driver's licenses in any class, including commercial classes of licences
- maintaining and operating a network of Drive Test facilities and Travel Point facilities (part-time locations)
- responding to customer inquiries and complaints
Annually, the existing driver examination services network processes approximately 575,000 knowledge tests, 675,000 road tests and exchanges over 90,000 licences from other jurisdictions.
- Request for Qualifications Issued - Oct. 31, 2011
- Shortlisted Bidders Announced & Request for Proposals Released - Jan. 15, 2013
- Preferred Bidder Selected - Apr. 26, 2013
- Short-listed bidders announced - July 4, 2012
- Request for Proposals Closed - Mar. 14, 2013
- Winning Bidder Selected - June 28, 2013