Eglinton Crosstown West Extension
- Project Type:
- Consists of four projects (DBF, DBF, DB and to be confirmed)
- Infrastructure Type:
- Contract Value:
- To be announced at Financial Close
About the Project
The Eglinton Crosstown West Extension is an approximately 9.2 kilometre extension of the Eglinton Crosstown LRT (future Line 5), from Mount Dennis to Renforth Drive. Metrolinx is actively collaborating with the GTAA and municipal partners on the proposed alignment from Renforth Drive to the airport, which takes into account the GTAA's plans for a Regional Transit Centre. Tunnelling is one of the first phases of work for the project.
The Eglinton Crosstown West Extension is one of four priority transit projects announced by the Province in 2019 for the Greater Toronto and Hamilton Area. Planning is underway for all four subway projects and procurements for the subway program are being staged to ensure each project is delivered successfully.
The Eglinton Crosstown West Extension is being delivered in separate procurement contracts:
The scope of work includes:
- An approximately 9.2 kilometre extension of the Crosstown LRT westward, with a number of stops from Mount Dennis to Renforth Drive.
- Ultimately, through future phases, the Province is committed to establishing connectivity with Toronto Pearson International Airport.
- Transit connections to four different transit services - UP Express and Kitchener Line GO train service at Mount Dennis, TTC bus services at transit stops in Toronto, and MiWay and GO bus services via the Mississauga Transitway at Renforth.
- Improves access to transit for area residents
- Reduces daily travel times for commuters
- Economic and community growth along the future transit line with job creation opportunities
- Reduction in traffic congestion, greenhouse gases and fuel consumption by providing a new transportation option
These project documents are being made available on this website for informational purposes only. Neither Infrastructure Ontario nor Metrolinx makes any representation or warranty regarding the accuracy or completeness of the content or form of these documents.
Infrastructure Ontario and Metrolinx, in their sole and absolute discretion, may choose to make available on this website amendments, revisions, modifications or replacements to these documents. These documents remain open for further revision, modification, replacement or cancellation by Infrastructure Ontario and Metrolinx at any time and in no event shall either Infrastructure Ontario or Metrolinx be responsible or liable, directly or indirectly, for any damage or loss caused or alleged to be caused by or in connection with the use of or reliance on the content of these documents.