GO Rail Expansion - Stouffville Corridor
- Greater Toronto Area
- Project Type:
- DBF - Design Build Finance
- Infrastructure Type:
- Contract Value:
- $254.5 million
- Estimated Value for Money:
- $50.4 million
About the Project
On the Stouffville corridor, infrastructure upgrades are currently required to three GO Stations, as well as a new grade separation at Steeles Avenue along the rail corridor.
GO Rail Expansion will transform the transportation network in the Greater Toronto and Hamilton Area over the next decade. Metrolinx will transform the GO Transit rail network into a system that will deliver two-way, all-day service every 15 minutes over core segments of the GO Rail network. System-wide infrastructure upgrades will include: adding tracks, expanding stations, electrification of the rail network, new locomotives and train control systems to enable more frequent service.
Request for QualificationsJul 06, 2016
Short-list Bidders SelectedSep 16, 2016
Request for ProposalsSep 16, 2016
Winning Bidder SelectedMar 07, 2018
Construction BeginsMar 07, 2018
Construction EndsSep 15, 2023
The scope of work includes:
- Milliken Station: new and relocated platforms with canopy enclosure, tunnels, elevators, Steeles Avenue pedestrian connection, customer amenities
- Agincourt Station: new second track, new and relocated platforms with canopy enclosure, tunnels, elevators, customer waiting areas, building relocation, customer amenities provisions
- Unionville Station: new second track and turning track, new and relocated platforms with canopy enclosure, tunnels, elevators, parking expansion, customer amenities
Community And Green Benefits
- Reduced traffic congestion, greenhouse gases and fuel consumption
- Improved quality of life for commuters by reducing daily travel time
Design and construction of the project will generate employment opportunities, produce significant benefits for commuters.
These project documents are being made available on this website for informational purposes only. Neither Infrastructure Ontario nor Metrolinx makes any representation or warranty regarding the accuracy or completeness of the content or form of these documents.
Infrastructure Ontario and Metrolinx, in their sole and absolute discretion, may choose to make available on this website amendments, revisions, modifications or replacements to these documents. These documents remain open for further revision, modification, replacement or cancellation by Infrastructure Ontario and Metrolinx at any time and in no event shall either Infrastructure Ontario or Metrolinx be responsible or liable, directly or indirectly, for any damage or loss caused or alleged to be caused by or in connection with the use of or reliance on the content of these documents.