Quinte Consolidated Courthouse
- Project Type:
- DBFM - Design Build Finance Maintain
- Infrastructure Type:
- Contract Price:
- $247.2 million
- Estimated Value for Money:
- $12.8 million
About the Project
- The new courthouse consolidates the Superior Court of Justice and Ontario Court of Justice, which previously operated in four court locations (three in Belleville and one in Trenton).
- An e-book documenting the history, design and construction of The Quinte Courthouse can be found here.
Request for QualificationsAug 31, 2009
Short-list Bidders SelectedApr 13, 2010
Request for ProposalsMay 13, 2010
Winning Bidder SelectedJun 22, 2011
Construction BeginsJul 06, 2011
Construction EndsJul 30, 2013
Brookfield Infrastructure Partnerships Quinte (BIPQ): Brookfield Financial Corp. and Morguard Corporation, with PCL Constructors Canada providing construction services. The facility was designed by WZMH Architects, with Morguard also providing facilities management. Brookfield Financial Corp. also acted as the financial advisor to Brookfield Partnerships Quinte.
Community And Green Benefits
- Improved access to court services
- Increase in the number of available courtrooms
- Better security
- Better access for people with disabilities
- Environmentally friendly design features, which achieved LEED Silver certification as part of the government's commitment to reduce energy use and greenhouse gas emissions
- At the peak of construction activity, approximately 200 workers were on the site daily.
Project documents are available for informational purposes only. Neither Infrastructure Ontario nor the Ministry of the Attorney General makes any representation or warranty regarding the accuracy or completeness of the content or form of these documents.
Infrastructure Ontario and the Ministry of the Attorney General, in their sole and absolute discretion, may choose to make available amendments, revisions, modifications or replacements to these documents. These documents remain open for further revision, modification, replacement or cancellation by Infrastructure Ontario and the Ministry of the Attorney General at any time and in no event shall either Infrastructure Ontario or the Ministry of the Attorney General be responsible or liable, directly or indirectly, for any damage or loss caused or alleged to be caused by or in connection with the use of or reliance on the content of these documents.
- Request for Qualifications Issued - Aug. 31, 2009
- Architectural Firm Chosen - Oct. 22, 2009
- Short-listed Proponents Named - April 13, 2010
- Request for Proposals Issued - May 13, 2010
- Request for Proposals Closed - Dec. 17, 2010
- Preferred Proponent Selected - April 26, 2011
- Winning Bidder Named - June 22, 2011
- Construction Work Starts - July 6, 2011
- Media Tour - Sept. 5, 2013
- Backgrounder - Design and Flexibility
- Backgrounder - Sustainability LEED