Trillium Health Partners Broader Redevelopment – The Peter Gilgan Mississauga Hospital
- Project Type:
- Progressive DBFM
- Infrastructure Type:
- Contract Value:
- To be announced following Financial Close
About the Project
Trillium Health Partners is the largest community-based hospital network in Canada. This historic, multi-billion dollar project is a key part of Ontario’s plan to build a stronger, more resilient health care system and Trillium Health Partners’ plan to create a new kind of health care that serves the growing and diverse communities in Mississauga and Etobicoke.
Over the next 20 years, the demand for health care services offered by Trillium Health Partners is expected to increase by nearly seven times more than the average hospital in Ontario. In anticipation of this growth, the new Peter Gilgan Mississauga Hospital will fully replace the existing Mississauga Hospital. This project will further strengthen Trillium Health Partners, feature modern hospital facilities and technology, reflect the latest standards in infection prevention and control, and improve access to care for patients and families in the region for generations to come.
- Request for Proposals Issued: April 20, 2022
- Request for Proposals Closed: September 30, 2022
- Development Phase Agreement Begins: March 10, 2023
The new Peter Gilgan Mississauga Hospital will include:
- Full replacement of existing hospital site, creating a modern health care facility to meet the growing and changing health care needs of this community;
- New and expanded emergency department – creating one of the largest emergency departments in the province;
- Surgical platform that provides flexibility to adapt to changing patient needs and new technologies, including an increase in the number of surgical operating rooms with specialized equipment and advanced imaging systems;
- New advanced diagnostic imaging facilities;
- New pharmacy and clinical laboratory; and
- New parking structure.
- The Trillium Health Partners Broader Redevelopment – The Peter Gilgan Mississauga Hospital Site is being delivered using a Progressive Design-Build-Finance-Maintain (DBFM) model. Key benefits of a Progressive DBFM model include the opportunity to work more collaboratively to develop design, reduce risk and finalize the price before contracting for project implementation. Using the Progressive DBFM model allows for significant risk transfer to the private sector over the life of the project agreement (that includes the 30-year maintenance term), greater cost and schedule certainty, greater potential for design and construction efficiencies and innovation as well as integration of long-term maintenance.
- Based on precedent project experience, a DBFM procurement model typically has delivered a value for money savings in the range of 15% to 22% compared to undertaking the same projects using traditional delivery models.
Learn more about IO’s delivery models and associated features.
These project documents are being made available on this website for informational purposes only. Neither Infrastructure Ontario nor Trillium Health Partners makes any representation or warranty regarding the accuracy or completeness of the content or form of these documents.
Infrastructure Ontario and Trillium Health Partners, in their sole and absolute discretion, may choose to make available on this website amendments, revisions, modifications or replacements to these documents. These documents remain open for further revision, modification, replacement or cancellation by Infrastructure Ontario and Trillium Health Partners at any time and in no event shall either Infrastructure Ontario or Trillium Health Partners be responsible or liable, directly or indirectly, for any damage or loss caused or alleged to be caused by or in connection with the use of or reliance on the content of these documents.