West Lincoln Memorial Hospital
- Project Type:
- DBF - Design Build Finance
- Infrastructure Type:
- Health Care
- Contract Value:
- $224 million
About the Project
West Lincoln Memorial Hospital (WLMH) has been caring for West Niagara residents for over 70 years. As a community hospital, WLMH provides both inpatient services and outpatient services, including emergency services, complex and palliative care, surgery and a maternal and newborn program. As a site of Hamilton Health Sciences, WLMH also serves as a point of access to one of the largest health systems in Canada for patients requiring more specialized care.
The redevelopment project will involve the construction of a new, larger hospital on the property behind the existing facility to serve the West Niagara community for years to come.
Request for QualificationsNov 26, 2020
Short-list Bidders SelectedApr 26, 2021
Request for ProposalsJun 30, 2021
Winning Bidder SelectedApr 29, 2022
Construction BeginsMay 02, 2022
- Acute inpatient beds
- A 24-hour Emergency Department
- Maternal and newborn services
- Day surgical services including endoscopy and minor procedures
- Increased outpatient (ambulatory) care space to expand availability of consultation services closer to home
- Advanced diagnostics including X-ray, mammography, echocardiography and ultrasound, and CT scanner
Community And Green Benefits
The new hospital will be consistent with the Ministry of Health's high standards for patient and family-centred care, incorporating principles of senior-friendly design, accessibility and infection prevention and control.
- The West Lincoln Memorial Hospital project is being delivered using a DBF model. Key benefits of a DBF model include significant risk transfer to the private sector over the life of the project agreement, greater cost and schedule certainty and greater potential for design and construction efficiencies and innovation.
- Based on precedent project experience, a DBF procurement model typically has delivered a value for money savings in the range of 10% to 15% compared to undertaking the same projects using traditional delivery models.
- Learn more about IO’s delivery models and the associated features.
These project documents are being made available on this website for informational purposes only. Neither Infrastructure Ontario nor Hamilton Health Sciences makes any representation or warranty regarding the accuracy or completeness of the content or form of these documents.
Infrastructure Ontario and Hamilton Health Sciences, in their sole and absolute discretion, may choose to make available on this Web site amendments, revisions, modifications or replacements to these documents. These documents remain open for further revision, modification, replacement or cancellation by Infrastructure Ontario and Hamilton Health Sciences at any time and in no event shall either Infrastructure Ontario or Hamilton Health Sciences be responsible or liable, directly or indirectly, for any damage or loss caused or alleged to be caused by or in connection with the use of or reliance on the content of these documents.