Infrastructure Ontario (IO) and Niagara Health have awarded a fixed price contract to EllisDon Infrastructure Healthcare (EDIH) to design, build, finance and maintain the new South Niagara Hospital project. The contract is valued at approximately $3.6 billion, which reflects the payments made during construction, the substantial completion payment and the monthly service payments before inflation adjustments.
The EDIH team includes:
- Applicant Leads: EllisDon Capital Inc. & Plenary Americas LP
- Design Team: Parkin Architects Ltd. & Adamson Associates Architects
- Construction Team: EllisDon Corporation
- Financial Advisor: EllisDon Capital Inc.
Infrastructure Ontario and Niagara Health selected EDIH after extensive evaluations following an open, fair and competitive request for proposals process that began in October 2021. The new South Niagara Hospital will be a full acute care hospital that will include:
- 24/7 Emergency department, diagnostic, therapeutic, and surgical services; as well as medical, surgical and intensive care inpatient beds
- Ambulatory Services as well as post-acute Complex Continuing Care (CCC) inpatient services
- Centres of Excellence specializing in stroke, complex care and wellness in aging
Design and development work on the project will continue this month, and EDIH will be mobilizing on site. Construction is expected to begin in July 2023, and end in early 2028.
Learn more about the South Niagara Hospital project.
Disponible en français