- Project Type:
- Accelerated Build Pilot Program
- Infrastructure Type:
- Long Term Care
About the Project
The Accelerated Build Pilot Program aims to deliver new long-term care homes years sooner than a traditional development project through the use of hospital-owned land, rapid procurement and modular construction.
As part of the program, two new long-term care homes will be developed on Speakman Drive in Mississauga. With capacity for 320 and 312 beds respectively, the two new long-term care homes will help address capacity issues within Ontario’s health and long-term care system, while providing a modern, comfortable and safe place for seniors in our community to call home.
- Request for Qualifications and Standing Offers Issued: July 14, 2020
- Contract Award: December 17, 2020
- Construction Complete: July 25, 2023
- The homes will meet the latest standards for long-term care design, and will include private or semi-private bedrooms, lounge areas, dining rooms, terraces and 100 per cent fresh air supply capability.
IO issued this procurement under a two-stage competitive and accelerated process. In the first-stage, a Request for Qualifications and Standing Offer (RFQSO) was issued to establish a list of firms with demonstrated ability and experience in rapid delivery construction projects and mandates. In the second stage, shortlisted firms from the RFQSO were invited to enter into confidential meetings and negotiations, concluding with the contract award.