Centre for Excellence in Transportation Infrastructure
- North York
- Project Type:
- Real Estate (Direct Delivery, Stipulated Sum)
- Infrastructure Type:
- Contract Value:
- Ministry of Transportation (MTO)
About the Project
The project involved the construction of a 78,250 square foot laboratory space and a 6,890 square foot multi-bay garage for storage of equipment. The new buildings support research, laboratory testing, technical evaluations and approval of aggregate, asphalt, concrete and other materials used in Ontario’s transportation system.
- Request for Qualification: October 2016
- Bid Call : August 2017
- Contract Award: November 2017
- Construction Start: November 2017
- Construction Complete: April 2021
- Construction of a 78,250 square foot building containing state-of-the-art engineering laboratories and administrative offices
- Construction of a 6,890 square foot, one-storey garage for storage of vehicular testing equipment
- Mechanical systems to support a laboratory environment
- Electrical systems to ensure uninterrupted transportation operations in the event of a power failure
- Supply and installation of built-in equipment such as environmental chambers, a concrete mixer and compression machine
These project documents are being made available on this website for informational purposes only. Neither Infrastructure Ontario nor its clients make any representation or warranty regarding the accuracy or completeness of the content or form of these documents.
Infrastructure Ontario in its sole and absolute discretion, may choose to make available on this website amendments, revisions, modifications or replacements to these documents. These documents remain open for further revision, modification, replacement or cancellation by Infrastructure Ontario at any time and in no event shall either Infrastructure Ontario or its clients be responsible or liable, directly or indirectly, for any damage or loss caused or alleged to be caused by or in connection with the use of or reliance on the content of these documents.