Hamilton Health Sciences - Ron Joyce Children’s Health Centre
- Project Type:
- DBF - Design Build Finance
- Infrastructure Type:
- Children and Youth Services
- Contract Price:
- $70.5 million
- Estimated Value for Money:
- $18.5 million
About the Project
- The project involved the construction of a new children's treatment centre that is part of Hamilton Health Sciences' McMaster Children's Hospital. The new facility is located on Wellington Street near Barton Street, across from the Regional Rehabilitation Centre
- The Ministry of Children and Youth Services funded this project to bring together under one roof four programs that were located at Hamilton Health Sciences' Chedoke campus. The new site provides:
- Autism Spectrum Disorders services
- Child and Youth Mental Health Program
- Developmental Pediatrics and Rehabilitation services
- Prosthetic and Orthotic services
Request for QualificationsSep 11, 2012
Short-list Bidders SelectedFeb 04, 2013
Request for ProposalsApr 23, 2013
Winning Bidder SelectedMar 04, 2014
Construction BeginsMar 27, 2014
Construction EndsOct 26, 2015
PCL Partnerships: Constructor: PCL; Architect: Stantec Architecture Limited; Financial Advisor: TD Securities
- This new facility provides family-focused service and individualized programming, depending on the needs of the child and family.
- Highlights of the project include fully accessible design and construction, an outdoor wheeling track, a therapeutic playground and physiotherapy space.
Community And Green Benefits
- LEED Silver
- The Children's Health Centre was a significant economic opportunity for suppliers and contractors in Hamilton and surrounding communities. At the peak of construction, more than 120 workers were on site daily.
These project documents are available for informational purposes only. Neither Infrastructure Ontario nor Hamilton Health Sciences makes any representation or warranty regarding the accuracy or completeness of the content or form of these documents.
Infrastructure Ontario and Hamilton Health Sciences, in their sole and absolute discretion, may choose to make available amendments, revisions, modifications or replacements to these documents. These documents remain open for further revision, modification, replacement or cancellation by Infrastructure Ontario and Hamilton Health Sciences at any time and in no event shall either Infrastructure Ontario or Hamilton Health Sciences be responsible or liable, directly or indirectly, for any damage or loss caused or alleged to be caused by or in connection with the use of or reliance on the content of these documents.