TORONTO – Infrastructure Ontario (IO) and Metrolinx have issued two Requests for Proposals (RFPs) for procurement packages for the Ontario Line subway project. Teams have been shortlisted and invited to bid on the Ontario Line Southern Civil, Stations and Tunnel (South) package and the Ontario Line Rolling Stock, Systems, Operations and Maintenance (RSSOM) package.
Teams were selected based on criteria identified in the Request for Qualifications (RFQ) process that began in June 2020. Criteria included design, construction, operations and maintenance experience and the financial capacity to deliver projects of this size and complexity.
For the Ontario Line RSSOM package, three teams were shortlisted. Their prime team members are:
- Applicant Lead: Plenary Americas, Hitachi Rail STS SpA, Japan Infrastructure Initiative Co. Ltd., Webuild SpA, Transdev Canada
- Design Team: Hitachi Rail Canada, Webuild/Astaldi Canada Design & Construction, IBI Group Professional Services (Canada) Inc.
- Construction Team: Hitachi Rail Canada, Webuild/Astaldi Canada
- Maintenance and Rehabilitation Team: Hitachi Rail Canada, Transdev Canada
- Operations Team: Hitachi Rail Canada, Transdev Canada
- Financial Advisor: National Bank Financial Inc., Sumitomo Mitsui Banking Corporation
- Applicant Leads: Aecon Concessions, Siemens Project Ventures, Keolis SA
- Design Team: Siemens Mobility, Hatch Inc.
- Construction Team: Aecon Infrastructure Management, Siemens Mobility
- Maintenance and Rehabilitation Team: Siemens Mobility, Aecon O&M, Keolis Canada
- Operations Team: Aecon O&M, Keolis Canada
- Financial Advisor: Scotia Capital
- Applicant Lead: John Laing, Alstom Transport Canada,
- Design Team: Alstom Transport Canada, Parsons
- Construction Team: Alstom Transport Canada, FCC Construction Canada, Amico Infrastructures, Pomerleau Inc., Mass Electric Canada
- Maintenance and Rehabilitation Team: Alstom Transport Canada, Deutsche Bahn International Operations, SMRT International
- Operations Team: Alstom Transport Canada, Deutsche Bahn International Operations, SMRT International
- Financial Advisor: HSBC Securities (Canada)
For Ontario Line South package, three teams were prequalified. Their prime team members are:
Community Transit Link
- Applicant Lead: Aecon Infrastructure Management Inc., Dragados Canada Inc., STRABAG Inc.
- Design Team: Arup Canada Inc., Hatch Ltd.
Team: Aecon Infrastructure Management Inc., Dragados Canada Inc., STRABAG Inc.
- Financial Advisor: ACS Infrastructure Canada Inc., Aecon Concessions, National Bank Financial Inc.
- Applicant Leads: Webuild S.p.A., Astaldi Canada Enterprises Inc., Amico Infrastructures Inc., Saipem S.p.A.
- Design Team: IBI Group Professional Services Canada Inc., Arcadis Canada Inc.
- Construction Team: Webuild S.p.A., Astaldi Canada Design & Construction Inc., Amico Infrastructures Inc., Saipem S.p.A.
Ontario Transit Group
- Applicant Lead: Ferrovial Construction Canada Inc., VINCI Construction Grands Projets
- Design Team: AECOM Canada Ltd., COWI North America Ltd., GHD Limited, SENER Group
- Construction Team:Ferrovial Construction Canada Inc., Janin Atlas Inc.
- Financial Advisor: HSBC
Teams will begin preparing proposals that detail how they will deliver these projects. Upon evaluating the proposals received, IO and Metrolinx expect to award these contracts in 2022.
A fairness monitor will oversee the entire procurement process.
The Ontario Line is being delivered as three separate public-private partnership (P3) procurement contracts: RSSOM, South and North packages. The RFQ for the Northern Civil, Stations and Tunnel contract, the north portion of the Ontario Line from the proposed station at Gerrard Street and Carlaw Avenue to the Ontario Science Centre, is expected to be issued in 2022. In addition to the three main P3 contracts, there will also be a series of early works projects for bridge, track and other preparatory activities in select locations along the Ontario Line alignment, including the joint rail corridor where the Ontario Line will operate next to existing GO Transit rail services. These contracts will be procured through a traditional procurement approach.
The Ontario Line is one of four priority transit projects announced by the Province in 2019 for the Greater Toronto Area. Procurements for the subway program are being staged to ensure each project is delivered successfully. Planning is underway for all four projects.
For more information, visit Infrastructure Ontario and Metrolinx.
Disponible en français