Ottawa Cancer Centre (Queensway Carleton & The Ottawa Hospital)
- Project Type:
- BF - Build Finance
- Infrastructure Type:
- Health Care
- Contract Price:
- $113 million
- Estimated Value for Money:
- $18.6 million
About the Project
- The Ottawa Hospital Regional Cancer Centre project has resulted in the expansion of services and facilities at the Ottawa Hospital's General Campus and the addition of a new satellite cancer centre at the Queensway Carleton Hospital.
Request for QualificationsNov 03, 2006
Short-list Bidders SelectedFeb 15, 2007
Request for ProposalsMay 25, 2007
Winning Bidder SelectedDec 21, 2007
Construction BeginsDec 21, 2007
Construction EndsDec 22, 2010
PCL Constructors Canada Inc. with financing arranged by TD Bank.
- The Ottawa Hospital project included:
- Expansion of the existing cancer centre to provide capacity for eight radiation treatment machines and one standby machine.
- Additional space for a capacity of four clinics and 50 chemotherapy spaces.
- The Queensway Carleton Hospital project included:
- Construction of a new four-storey building.
- Space for three radiation machines, two clinics and 33 chemotherapy spaces.
Community And Green Benefits
- The project has helped address the region's growing need for advanced-level cancer care services.
- Access to lifesaving radiation therapies has improved.
- Wait times for cancer surgery have lowered.
- At the peak of construction, approximately 180 workers were employed on each site, and as a result of the project, hundreds of thousands of dollars were spent in the local community to purchase construction and other related supplies.
Project documents are available for informational purposes only. Neither Infrastructure Ontario nor Ottawa Cancer Centre makes any representation or warranty regarding the accuracy or completeness of the content or form of these documents.
Infrastructure Ontario and Ottawa Cancer Centre, in their sole and absolute discretion, may choose to make available amendments, revisions, modifications or replacements to these documents. These documents remain open for further revision, modification, replacement or cancellation by Infrastructure Ontario and Ottawa Cancer Centre at any time and in no event shall either Infrastructure Ontario or Ottawa Cancer Centre be responsible or liable, directly or indirectly, for any damage or loss caused or alleged to be caused by or in connection with the use of or reliance on the content of these documents.