Rouge Valley Health System
- Project Type:
- BF - Build Finance
- Infrastructure Type:
- Health Care
- Contract Price:
- $63.9 million
- Estimated Value for Money:
- $11.3 million
About the Project
- This project modernized Rouge Valley Health System and expanded its health-care infrastructure to support a more effective family-centred care for a broad range of health conditions.
Request for QualificationsNov 03, 2006
Short-list Bidders SelectedNov 24, 2006
Request for ProposalsFeb 08, 2007
Winning Bidder SelectedSep 04, 2007
Construction BeginsOct 04, 2007
Construction EndsJan 06, 2011
Aecon Buildings with financing arranged by Stonebridge Financial Corporation
The Phase One redevelopment of the Ajax and Pickering Hospital included a combination of 140,000 square feet of new construction and renovations. Project highlights include:
- An expanded, new emergency department
- An expanded adult inpatient mental health unit
- A new ambulatory care unit for outpatient clinic visits, a fracture clinic, outpatient procedures, medical day care and pre-admit visits
- A new laboratory
- A larger complex continuing care unit with capacity for 30 beds
- Redesigned space for the diagnostic imaging and cardiac diagnostic areas
Community And Green Benefits
With the addition of more than 75,000 square feet of new construction and more than 65,000 square feet of renovations, the hospital is able to provide more effective health services to Durham Region's expanding population. As well, it is able to deliver more effective family-centred care for a broad range of health conditions.
Throughout construction, an average of 75 workers were on site daily and there were economic spin-offs to the community in the form of material purchases from local businesses.
Project documents are available for informational purposes only. Neither Infrastructure Ontario nor Rouge Valley Health System makes any representation or warranty regarding the accuracy or completeness of the content or form of these documents.
Infrastructure Ontario and Rouge Valley Health System, in their sole and absolute discretion, may choose to make available amendments, revisions, modifications or replacements to these documents. These documents remain open for further revision, modification, replacement or cancellation by Infrastructure Ontario and Rouge Valley Health System at any time and in no event shall either Infrastructure Ontario or Rouge Valley Health System be responsible or liable, directly or indirectly, for any damage or loss caused or alleged to be caused by or in connection with the use of or reliance on the content of these documents.